This Internship Agreement (the “Agreement”) is entered into between You (“Intern”) and aptLearn Limited (“Company”).
WHEREAS, the Intern desires an internship to gain valuable knowledge, experience, education, and training with aptLearn Limited;
WHEREAS, aptLearn Limited is willing to grant the Intern an internship;
NOW, therefore, the Parties, in consideration of the mutual promises, conditions and covenants contained herein, hereby agree as follows:
- The internship is related to an educational purpose and there is no guarantee or expectation that the activity will result in employment with aptLearn Limited.
- Pay and Compensation. The Parties hereby agree that this internship is unpaid and that the Intern will not be
compensated or paid for any services that he/she conducts at the Company. The Intern agrees that he/she will be compensated in knowledge, education and experience as consideration for the duties and responsibilities that he/she will undertake under this Agreement.
- Intern Relationship. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to create an employer-employee or principal-agent relationship between the Intern and the Company. The Intern does not have the authority to bind the Company in any manner whatsoever.
- Confidentiality. During the course of this Agreement, it may be necessary for the Company to share proprietary information, including trade secrets, industry knowledge, and other confidential information, with the Intern in order for the Intern to complete the Duties and Responsibilities. The Intern will not share any of this proprietary information at any time. The Intern also will not use any of this proprietary information for the Intern’s personal benefit at any time. This section remains in full force and effect even after termination of the Agreement by its natural termination or the early termination by either Party.
- Intellectual Property. The Intern agrees that any content provided to the Intern by the Company in order to perform the Intern’s Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to, images, videos and text, copyrights or trademarks, is and will remain solely owned by the Company. The Intern agrees that any content provided by the Intern to the Company in the course of performing the Intern’s Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to, images, videos and text, copyrights or trademarks, is solely and legally owned by the Intern, but the Intern grants the Company a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any such content in connection with the Intern’s Duties and Responsibilities. Any materials developed by the Company, making use of the content, remains the sole property of the Company. Any work product the Intern may create during the course of this Agreement remains the sole property of the Company.
- Termination. This Agreement may be terminated at follows:
At any time by either Party upon written notice to the other Party.
By the Company due to the Intern’s breach of the Agreement.
Upon termination, the Intern shall return all the Company content, materials, and all Work Product to the Company at its earliest convenience, but in no event beyond three (3) days after the date of termination.
- Representations and Warranties. Both Parties represent that they are fully authorized to enter into this Agreement. The performance and obligations of either Party will not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third-party or violate any other agreement between the Parties, individually, and any other person, organization, or business or any law or governmental regulation. The Intern further represents that the Intern is duly authorized to work in their location and is of legal age to work.
- Indemnity. The Parties each agree to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party, its respective affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and permitted successors and assigns against any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, penalties, punitive damages, expenses, reasonable legal fees and costs of any kind or amount whatsoever, which result from the negligence of or breach of this Agreement by the indemnifying party, its respective successors and assigns that occurs in connection with this Agreement. This section remains in full force and effect even after termination of the Agreement by its natural termination or early termination by either Party.
- Limitation of Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL EITHER PARTY BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFIT OR LOST BUSINESS, COSTS OF DELAY OR FAILURE OF DELIVERY, WHICH ARE NOT RELATED TO OR THE DIRECT RESULT OF A PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH.
- Severability. In the event any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, that part shall be severed from the remainder of the Agreement and all other provisions shall continue in full force and effect as valid and enforceable.
- Waiver. The failure by either Party to exercise any right, power, or privilege under the terms of this Agreement will not be construed as a waiver of any subsequent or further exercise of that right, power, or privilege or the exercise of any other right, power, or privilege.
- Legal Fees. In the event of a dispute resulting in legal action, the successful Party will be entitled to its legal fees, including, but not limited to its attorneys’ fees.
- Legal and Binding Agreement. This Agreement is legal and binding between the Parties as stated above. This Agreement may be entered into and is legal and binding. The Parties each represent that they have the authority to enter into this Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. The Parties acknowledge and agree that this Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Parties. In the event that the Parties desire to change, add, or otherwise modify any terms, they shall do so in writing to be signed by both parties.
The Intern specifically agrees to and acknowledges the following:
- This internship is educational in nature and there is no guarantee or expectation that the internship will result in employment.
- Company may at any time in its sole discretion, terminate the internship without notice or cause.
- Intern will maintain a regular internship schedule determined by the Intern and their supervisor.
- Intern will demonstrate honesty, punctuality, availability, courtesy, cooperative attitude, proper grooming habits, and a willingness to learn.
- Intern will obey the policies, rules and regulations of the Company site and comply with the Company’s business practices and procedures.
- Intern will furnish his/her supervisor with all necessary information pertaining to the unpaid internship, including related assignments and reports.
- Under no circumstances will Intern leave the internship without first conferring with Intern’s supervisor.
- While Intern is on the Company premises, he/she is considered an employee or agent of Company for any purposes, including but not limited to workers compensation.
- Intern assumes all of the risks of participating in the internship program. In consideration of the opportunity afforded to the Intern to participate in the internship program, Intern hereby agrees that he/she, his/her assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against Company or any of its affiliated organizations, or either of their officers or directors collectively or individually, or any of its employees, for the injury to Intern or damage to his/her property, however caused, arising from his/her participation in the internship program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing. Intern hereby waives and releases any rights, actions, or causes or action resulting from personal injury to him/her, or damage to his/her property, sustained in connection with his/her participation in the internship program.
[ Remainder of this page intentionally left blank. Confirmation page follows. ]
I understand that this unpaid learning experience is not employment and that Intern is not entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the completion of the unpaid structured learning experience.
Click HERE to confirm the Internship Agreement.